You have reached an information page.
product prices visit our store at
Phone Business hours - Mon-Fri. 9-5 EST ONLY - Contact via
|Farmseeds.com - An Informational Website From Seedland.com
RED RIVER CRABGRASS (Forage
Red River Crabgrass
Red River Crabgrass is a proven, researched, officially released variety of a
very productive proven forage type crabgrass selection from Noble Foundation,
Ardmore, OK. It is the only known released variety of crab grass in the world. Red River
Crabgrass is widely adapted from the Mid-West U. S. throughout the South-central
and Southeast U. S. and has numerous applications for high quality and double-crop forage use. Very palatable. Red River crabgrass seed is the best, highest genetic and
physical purity Mother Nature will allow.
Red River Crabgrass is ideal for forage, soil conservation, and other uses. It
is adapted throughout the Southeast United States from Kansas east or south and
other limited areas. It should produce in many mild and temperate regions in the
- High quality summer forage.
- Easy doublecropping with cool season annual grasses and legumes.
- Mixtures with warm season grasses and legumes.
- Double cropping and mixtures with cool season perennial grasses and
- Soil conservation: re-vegetation of pond dikes, roadsides, old fields,
and other problem areas.
- Environmental management: effluent management systems, high nutrient
uptake, oil field sites, landfills, etc.
- Nurse crop for warm season vegetation.
- Orchard groundcover for dust and mud control; easily manicured surface
by grazing or mowing.
- Turf and turf mixtures.
- Wildlife cover, food, and nesting.
information about Red River Crabgrass:
Very productive in Southern Gulf Coast area.
Uses: Useful for
pasture and hay.
Plant seeds 4-6 lbs. an acre March-May. Reseeds well.
Responsive to nitrogen
Crabgrass needs to be adequately fertilized to support good stocking
rates. - It is a volunteer crop (weed) in many pastures.